At Lake Olympia Animal Hospital, we are proud to maintain state-of-the-art equipment and comprehensive surgical capability.
When your pet is in need of surgery, we want you to feel confident in knowing that our doctors and staff are dedicated to providing exceptional care.
We provide surgery for basic as well as advanced procedures. Our patients have IV fluids administered during anesthesia, heart, respirations, and blood pressure are monitored using the latest equipment, and appropriate pain control is given.
If your pet is scheduled for surgery, please review these pre-surgical instructions.
- The night before surgery, your pet can eat and drink normally up until midnight.
After midnight, please remove food access, but not water access.
- Admittance time for surgery is between 7:00 and 8:00AM.
- After the scheduled procedure is finished, either your doctor or veterinary nurse will call you with an update, and let you know what time your pet can be released.
- Dental procedures, neuters and minor growth removals usually are released the day of surgery in the afternoon.
- Pets that have had an abdominal procedure (a spay for example) will spend one night with us, and go home after 10:00 am the following day.